We will collect and use your personal data that you provide to us and that we receive about you (as explained below) for a number of purposes and with your explicit consent unless applicable laws and regulations do not require us to obtain your explicit consent, as shown below:
As mentioned, for the purposes indicated above, we will process personal data we receive about you from you, your employer, your sponsor, third parties such as brokers and business partners, other insurers, medical providers, fraud prevention agencies and investigators, search information providers, loss adjustors, surveyors, intermediaries, delegated authorities, and lawyers.
For those purposes indicated above where we have indicated that we do not require your explicit consent, we will process your personal data based on our legitimate interests and/or to comply with our legal obligations. Legitimate interests which we use include ensuring the network and information security of our Page | 3 systems. We will not use our legitimate interest to process your personal data when your interests, rights and freedoms take priority.
Without your explicit consent, we may also use one of the following lawful bases:
- For the protection of your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject
- Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity
- Where the processing of your personal data is necessary for the legitimate interests of QIC or third party (unless overridden by your interests, rights, or freedoms).
In order to purchase a policy with us, we will need your personal data. Any personal data requested will be adequate, relevant, and limited to meet the necessary purposes as defined above. If you do not wish to provide this to us, we will not be able to provide the products and services you request, that you may be interested in, or to tailor our offerings to your particular requirements.